IT Professional & Full-Stack Developer.
- Name: Drs. H.J. (Harmjan) Willemsen MBA
- City: Culemborg, The Netherlands
- Email: Click here
- Freelance: Parttime Available
- Degree: Master
- Nationality: Dutch
- Website www.epidaurus.org
I am a pragmatic, results-oriented IT professional with years of experience in designing, developing, testing and implementing information systems. I adapt easily to a new environment and can quickly add value. From my business economics and business administration background I have extensive knowledge of financial, logistical and administrative processes within organizations. Through my various assignments I have a lot of experience with ICT projects within information and knowledge-intensive organizations at the (central) government and at financial service providers.
Open University Business School (UK)
Business administration (master)
Open University (Netherlands)
Business economics (bachelor)
Avans Hogeschhol (Netherlands)
Bootcamp Full Stack Developer
December 2020 - Present
To educate myself as a developer in the modern development languages, I followed various 'specializations' of the University of Michigan via Coursera:
- Python 3 Programming - This specialization teaches the fundamentals of programming in Python 3.
- Google IT Automation with Python - This professional certificate, developed by Google, is designed to provide IT professionals with in-demand skills like Python, Git, and IT automation.
- Data Science - This course introduces data manipulation and cleaning techniques using then numpy library and the popular python pandas data science library and introduces the abstraction of the Series and DataFrame as the central data structures for data analysis, along with tutorials on how to use functions such as groupby, merge, and pivot tables effectively.
1995 - present
From the beginning of 1995 until now I have worked in ICT in various organizations as analyst, business consultant and project and information manager. In the first years I was employed by various organizations, from 2006 I am self-employed. Some examples of are:
- Information Manager at Municipality of Amsterdam, DJI and Centraal Beheer Achmea
- Business Consultant at Logius and UWV
- Senior Advisor Information Management at NVWA
- Senior Business Analist at Centraal Beheer Achmea
- Program and Consulting manager at Oracle Netherlands
- Senior Project Manager at Exact International
- Program Manager Information Management at RIVM
- Senior Manager at KPMG
- Senior Consultant at MLC
1988 - 1994
Worked as a (lead) developer for various organizations. Started as a systems analyst at bank Mees & Hope (MeesPierson) in combination with training courses from Volmac Top Trainings (CapGemini). During this period I was mainly involved in developing and maintaining information systems using Cobol/CICS and Adabas/Natural. Subsequently, as a developer at Itresco Consultants, I worked on the development of information systems in Cobol with DB2/IDMS as a database for, among others. Delta Lloyd (NN). Finally, as a developer at Pilot Software, I built information systems in 4-GL (fourth generation languages) for MSD, Heineken and Pakhoed (Vopak).